Interested in joining our team? Find out more about EMJ and vacant positions below
Working with us
We publish high-quality, peer-reviewed, open-access digital journals six weeks after each major medical congress across a wide range of therapeutic areas. They encapsulate the latest developments with treatments in the pharmaceutical industry, making our publications an essential must-read for healthcare professionals, medical practitioners, physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals.
We have a great team that enables us to do this because we hire team members based on values rather than skills. We can train raw skills, but we can’t change your values! EMJ’s values are focused on:
- Entire buy-in: Everyone has loyalty to our vision, values, culture and the long-term goals of EMJ. We are committed to doing so in a positive and passionate way
- Making sure you are self-reliant: We all need to be proactive and responsible for our own actions. This will lead to an inspiring place to work that we are all proud of
- Going the extra mile: Always giving your best performance and creating a team that is different to anything else, full of hardworking, Gold Medal Winners
We are delighted that we have been included in three Best Companies’ league tables, including a ranking of 2nd in the Health & Social Care category. In addition, the company have been voted a Two Star Organisation, up on all measures of leadership, wellbeing and culture and only made possible through an ‘outstanding’ commitment to workplace engagement.
As well as being a great place to work, we are also recognised by prestigious organisations such as The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise, where we were honoured with an award for outstanding achievement by a UK businesses in the category of International Trade in April 2022. Find out more here.
“I love working at EMJ because of the great company culture. The values and trust within the team means we can push, and challenge, one another to be the best versions of ourselves… all whilst having fun!”
EMJ is made up of six key departments:
- Design are the creative production arm of EMJ, producing visually stunning and effective designs for our audiences across a range of products including journals and emails
- Editorial manage the publication of our exceptional healthcare journals and articles by overseeing a variety of critical processes from peer reviews to author correspondence
- Marketing are focused on increasing the consumption and reach of EMJ’s unique content and services to new and existing audiences across healthcare and beyond
- Client Services manage every partner project from the moment they start through to delivery, focusing on delivering a superb experience for our clients
- Sales build partnerships with leading organisations across healthcare, assisting with their challenges and enabling them to deliver on their business objectives
- Operations are the engine room of EMJ, managing logistics, IT, HR, finance, facilities and more to enable staff to perform their roles as effectively as possible
If you want to know more about EMJ culture, read some stories directly from the perspective of our team members.
Darren Brace – Senior Performance & Insight Lead
Helena Beer – Editor (GOLD)
Roy Ikoroha – Senior Designer
“The people at EMJ are a very special bunch and are nothing short of 100% supportive of each other”
Diversity and inclusion
At EMJ, we seek to create an inclusive environment that enables everyone to exceed their potential, and promote diverse teams with different perspectives. We believe this better reflects society, our clients and our partners and helps us improve the quality of global healthcare by providing all healthcare professionals with free access to independent education and lifelong learning opportunities.
Interested in joining us?
We work to the best of our ability in everything that we do. We know we have an extremely talented team, therefore if everyone involved is performing to their highest standard, the work we produce is sure to be worthy of a gold medal.
Being a Gold Medal Winner doesn’t just mean doing your job well. We are seeking out opportunities at every chance, we put 100% into our work and we are constantly asking ‘how can this be improved?’ If you’re interested in joining us, check our list of open roles today!
We encourage applications from a wide range of backgrounds. EMJ is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive workspace for everyone, no matter who you are or where you come from.
Any other questions?
Should you have any other questions, we would recommend taking a look at our Careers FAQ page.