EMJ recognises the importance of protecting the information collected from Users in the operation of this website, and take reasonable steps to maintain the security, integrity and privacy of any information in accordance with this Privacy and Data Protection Policy. By submitting your information to EMJ you consent to the practices described herein.
- The Data We Collect About You
- How We Collect Your Personal Data
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- Disclosures of Your Data
- Retention of Your Data
- Security of Your Data
- The Rights You Have
- How to Contact Us
- Important Information
The Data We Collect About You
We collect and store the following personal information:
- Name, email address, computer sign-on data, physical contact information, and data on your company and position within that company;
- other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We may use different methods to collect your personal data as outlined below. EMJ will ensure that any identifiable personal information it collects through any of the interactions outlined below will be adequate, relevant and not excessive for purposes of operating this website or any of the services operated hereunder.
Direct interactions: you may provide us with the personal data outlined above through filling out forms on our website, or by corresponding with us via email, phone, or otherwise. This includes personal data you may provide us with when you:
- create an account on our website
- subscribe to our healthcare content
- request marketing to be sent to you
- contact us via our contact form
- correspond with us via email or phone
- send us feedback
- enter into a contract with us
Third parties & publicly available sources: We may on occasion receive personal data about you from other third parties and public sources.
EMJ will ensure that any identifiable personal information it collects through, for example, the registration and purchasing processes, will be adequate, relevant and not excessive for purposes of operating this website or any of the services operated hereunder.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We only ever use your personal data where we have legal grounds to do so. In most circumstances, the processing of your personal data will fall under one of these categories:
- Where we need to process your personal data in order to fulfil a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for both ours and your legitimate interests, and your rights do not override those interests.
- Where we have obtained consent from you to process your personal data.
- Where we need to process your personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Any private communications or information supplied to EMJ by a User may be used by EMJ for internal business and research purposes and to help enhance and develop our website but will not be shared with third parties unless we receive your consent.
You should be aware that identifiable personal information – such as your name or e-mail address – that you voluntarily disclose that are accessible to other Users (e.g. on bulletin boards or in chat areas) could be collected and disclosed by others. EMJ cannot take any responsibility for such collection and disclosure.
In addition, EMJ may offer additional services, including optional E-mail Alerting Services, and these may be opted out of at any time. By choosing to take advantage of this and other services offered by EMJ, you consent to the use of your information for the purposes of providing these services.
Disclosures of Your Data
Except where necessary in connection with services provided by appropriate intermediaries, who will be required to comply with the confidentiality provisions of this policy, EMJ will not disclose any personal information identifying Users to any third party, unless required by law or to enforce the EMJ Terms and Conditions of Use or otherwise needed in connection with legal proceedings, contractual fulfilment, or unless we have received your consent. We don’t sell or rent users’ personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
EMJ may disclose to carefully chosen third parties navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics (including “page views” on this website and the products herein) and demographics but only in forms that do not reveal a User’s identity or confidential information, except as required by law, as needed in connection with legal proceedings, or unless we have received your consent.
We may also share personal information with:
- Corporate affiliates who help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services.
- Service providers who help with our business operations.
Links may be provided from this website to other third party websites. In using such links, Users should be aware that each third party website will vary in terms of its privacy and data protection policies, and EMJ does not take responsibility for the privacy policies of, and usage of, personal information collected by others including, without limitation, those of any partner or affiliate.
Retention of Your Data
Any personal data we store on you will be kept accurate and up-to-date based on information provided and it will be deleted when no longer needed. We will only ever retain your personal data where we have a legitimate business need to do so, and for as long as it is necessary for us to fulfil the purposes we originally collected it for. This will also include for the purposes of satisfying any legal requirements.
Security of Your Data
We put appropriate tools and measures in place to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. We have also put in place processes to deal with any breaches against your personal data.
The Rights You Have
Right of access: you have the right to access the personal data that we hold on you. At any given time, you may submit a subject access request to us and we will provide you with confirmation as to whether we are processing your personal data, a copy of your personal data, and the purposes of processing your personal data. You have the right to access your data free of charge at any time, and we will respond to your request within one calendar month.
Right to rectification: you have the right to rectify any inaccurate personal data that we may be holding on you, or for it to be completed if it is being held incomplete. You have the right to request a rectification free of charge, and we will respond to your request within one calendar month. We will also inform any related third parties where possible if the personal data is also disclosed to them.
Right to erasure: you have the right to have personal data erased, where there is no compelling reason for possession and continued processing. You can make a request for this at any time and this will be responded to within one calendar month. We will also inform any related third parties where possible if the personal data is also disclosed to them. Circumstances where this right may apply include:
- Where personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally intended.
- When you withdraw your consent.
- When you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- Your personal data was unlawfully processed.
- Your personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- Your personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child.
Right to restrict processing: you have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data. Restricting processing of data means that we are permitted to store your personal data, but not use or process it. You can request this at any given time and we will respond within 1 calendar month. We will also inform any related third parties where possible if the personal data is also disclosed to them. Circumstances where this right may apply include:
- Where the accuracy of your personal data has been contested, we will restrict the processing until you have verified the accuracy of your personal data.
- Where you have objected to the processing (where it was necessary for the purpose of legitimate interest), and we are examining whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
- Where processing is unlawful and you oppose erasure and request restriction instead.
- If we no longer need the personal data but you require the data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
Right to data portability: you have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. This allows you to move, copy, or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way. This right only applies:
- To personal data you have provided to a controller (us)
- Where the processing is based on your consent for the performance of a contract
- When processing is automated
Right to object: you have the right to object to your personal data being processed by us for direct marketing, processing based on legitimate interest, and purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), through their website www.ico.org.uk. We would appreciate the opportunity to deal with any concerns you may have before you approach the ICO so please do reach out to us first where possible and we will do our best to solve any concerns or complaints you may have.
How to Contact Us
Please note that EMJ ‘s Privacy and Data Protection Policy is reviewed periodically. EMJ reserves the right to modify its Privacy and Data Protection Policy at any time without notice, but we will always update you with any major changes that will affect you. Any changes to the policy will be posted on this page. Your continued use of this website will be deemed conclusive acceptance of such modification.
- Registration No: 08198092.
- Registered in England and Wales.
- Registered Office: 88 Wood Street, London, EC2V 7RS
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- VAT No: 144219234