If you’ve explored the EMJ website, and haven’t found the answer you’re looking for, or if you need any help, please do contact us.
We aim to respond to all queries within 7 days.
- How do I subscribe to EMJ?
- How much does it cost to subscribe?
- How long will my subscription last?
- What is included in my subscription?
- How do I unsubscribe?
- The EMJ is ‘Open Access’, but what does this mean?
- Which Therapeutic Areas does the EMJ cover?
- What is included in a journal?
- What congresses do you review?
- How often does EMJ publish a journal?
- How do I search for content in my speciality area?
- Do you have a guide for authors?
- Does it cost to submit an article?
- How do I submit an article to EMJ?
- Is EMJ peer-reviewed?
- How can I become a peer-reviewer?
- Is EMJ indexed anywhere?
- What is EMJ’s Impact Factor?
- Is there a print version of EMJ?
- How do I submit a blog post?
- Is EMJ on social media?
- How can I find out about a career with EMJ?
- I am experiencing problems with my EMJ subscription, who can I contact to help?
- How do I make a complaint?
- How do I ask permission to reprint all or part of an article?
- How do I ask permission to reproduce a figure or image from an EMJ journal?
- Who can I contact with a media enquiry?
How do I subscribe to EMJ?
To subscribe to EMJ, just click here, and fill out the mailing list form. You will then receive a welcome email informing you of the therapeutic areas you have subscribed to. You can change your preferences at any time.
How much does it cost to subscribe?
How long will my subscription last?
What is included in my subscription?
When you subscribe to EMJ, you decide which therapeutic areas you want to receive updates for – maybe you’re interested in one specific field, or maybe you want to receive updates for them all! Each subscription will allow you to receive quarterly newsletters, and publication alerts for the areas you choose, straight to your inbox.
How do I unsubscribe?
We never want to see you go, but if you would like to unsubscribe from the EMJ, you can do one of the following:
- Send an email to [email protected]stating ‘unsubscribe’
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the EMJ newsletter you receive.
The EMJ is ‘Open Access’, but what does this mean?
‘Open Access’ means that all of our content is available to anyone who wishes to access it. We take pride in the fact our content is completely free, allowing researchers, healthcare professionals and the public unrestricted access to the most up to date research.
Which Therapeutic Areas does the EMJ cover?
We cover 18 different therapeutic areas:
- Allergy & Immunology
- Interventional Cardiology
- Microbiology & Infectious Diseases
- Reproductive Health
What is included in a journal?
Each journal provides the reader with the latest medical congress highlights specific to that therapeutic area, interviews with members of the EMJ Editorial Board or key opinion leaders from congress, abstract reviews, and peer-reviewed articles. You might also find events, the latest medical news updates, and symposium reviews inside.
Not only will you find high-quality scientific content, those of you with a craving for all things visual will enjoy our eye-catching designs of the beautiful cities where each congress takes place.
Which congresses do you review?
Please find below a list of the European congresses we cover for each therapy area journal:
- Allergy and Immunology – European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) Congress
- Cardiology – European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Congress
- Dermatology – European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology (EADV) Congress
- Diabetes – European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) Congress
- Gastroenterology – United European Gastroenterology (UEG) Congress
- Hematology – European Hematology Association (EHA) Congress
- Hepatology – International Liver Congress (ILC)
- Innovations – Medica Trade Fair (MEDICA)
- Interventional Cardiology – EuroPCR Congress
- Microbiology & Infectious Diseases – European Congress of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases (ECCMID)
- Nephrology – European Renal Association and European Dialysis & Transplant Association (ERA EDTA) Congress
- Neurology – European Academy of Neurology (EAN) Congress
- Oncology – European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Congress
- Radiology – European Society of Radiology (ESR) Congress
- Reproductive Health – European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) Congress
- Respiratory – European Respiratory Society (ERS) Congress
- Rheumatology – European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) Congress
- Urology – European Academy of Urology (EAU) Congress
How often does EMJ publish a journal?
Therapy area journals are published once a year. We publish US editions of Cardiology, Dermatology, Diabetes, Hematology, Oncology, and Rheumatology in addition to the existing journal in which we report on the European congress. Our flagship journal is published every 4 months, so there is never too long to wait!
How do I search for content in my speciality area?
To search for content from a specific therapeutic area, you can do one of the following:
- Search for the area or content you’re interested in using the search bar in the top right corner of the screen when you’re on our website.
- Select ‘therapeutic area’ from the bar at the top of the homepage and choose your medical field of choice.
Do you have a guide for authors?
If you’re interested in becoming an author with EMJ, but aren’t sure where to start, take a look at our author guidelines here.
Does it cost to submit an article?
How do I submit an article to EMJ?
All manuscripts should be submitted through our online submission system, Editorial Manager, where you will find step by step instructions on how to register for an account and submit your paper. However, if you have any problems do contact us. Once your paper has been successfully submitted you will be notified, and it will be allocated a manuscript number which you must keep for any future correspondence.
Is EMJ peer-reviewed?
All submissions to EMJ are initially reviewed by the Editorial team. At this stage, papers may be rejected without peer review if they do not meet our guidelines or are not within the scope of the journal. This ensures that authors are given a quick decision if their paper is unsuitable. Papers that are suitable will be sent for peer review to a minimum of two independent reviewers in a double-blinded process. Papers will be selected for publication based on peer review feedback, compliance of the author in making the necessary modifications, and our Editor-in-Chief’s discretion. Articles that fail peer review will be rejected.
Can I become a peer-reviewer for EMJ?
Is EMJ indexed anywhere?
All of our journals are currently indexed in Google Scholar and under the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ). Our next major project is to be indexed on PubMed and Scopus, which we will begin working towards in the near future. However, publication with us is completely free and to guarantee maximum readership of our authors’ work, we run social media and email campaigns.
What is EMJ’s Impact Factor?
Is there a print version of EMJ?
All of our journals are completely digital. This means that you’ll always have us in your pocket and we’re doing our bit to help the environment; however, reprints are available on request.
How do I submit a blog post?
If you’re interested in contributing towards the EMJ Blog, please do take a read through our blog terms and conditions which can be found towards the bottom of our terms and conditions to ensure your piece complies with our guidelines, before contacting us to express your interest. Once you’ve sent us a message, someone from our Publishing team will be in touch with you to explain how our blog submission process works, and then your piece can be on its way to hopefully being published with EMJ!
Is EMJ on social media?
You mean you haven’t seen us on social media? Where have you been! Here at EMJ we love social media, so come and find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn and start up a conversation – we would love to hear from you!
Careers at EMJ?
Looking for an opportunity to develop yourself personally, and progress within a company with ongoing support and training offered throughout the year? Take a look at our careers page to see if your skills and experience fit EMJ. However, if you are unable to find a job description which looks right for you, send our recruiter your CV – you don’t know unless you try!
I am experiencing problems with my EMJ subscription, who can I contact to help?
If you’re experiencing any issues with your EMJ subscription, contact us, and we will do our best to help resolve the issue.
How do I make a complaint?
If you have a complaint in relation to EMJ, please contact us, and we will get back to you as soon as possible with an answer. We’re dedicated to providing our readers with cutting-edge research, and don’t like to see any member of our EMJ Community unhappy, so we will do all we can to assist you with your complaint.
How do I ask permission to reprint all or part of an article?
How do I ask permission to reproduce a figure or image from an EMJ journal?
Who can I contact with a media enquiry?
Please direct all media enquiries for EMJ to Noah Banienuba.