EuroPCR congress marks the first year anniversary of the Philips Volcano merger, delivering less invasive and more precise personal care for interventional cardiology
Amsterdam, The Netherlands – Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) today announced its participation in the EuroPCR 2016 Congress in the field of interventional cardiology, taking place in Paris, France, May 17 – 20, 2016. Philips booth presence in the exhibition (M71 on level 2) will showcase the companies’ ongoing commitment to delivering advanced technology and integrated solutions that further advance the field of coronary, peripheral and structural heart diseases.
Philips will also participate in two scientific sessions and host hands-on experiences and live demos in the Training Village to help attending cardiologists experience and fully understand the everyday clinical benefits of integrated solutions to help enhance procedural outcomes. An interactive experience at the booth will also bring to life a fully integrated cath lab through virtual reality.
Cardiovascular disease is the leading global cause of death, accounting for 17.3 million deaths per year, and is expected to grow to more than 23.6 million by 2030.1 Cardiology is one of the top health technology priorities for Philips, which provides integrated solutions helping clinicians treat cardiovascular disease by speeding detection, diagnosis and treatment, driving effective recovery and home care, and encouraging prevention and healthy living.
“A continuous strong growth area in interventional cardiovascular care is Image Guided Therapy. The broad portfolio of Philips Volcano solutions has begun personalizing the future of minimally invasive procedures for every patient,” said Bert van Meurs, CEO Image Guided Therapy, Philips. “We will be showcasing our market leading technologies at EuroPCR, bringing to life our integrated solutions and strategies for interventional cardiology to optimize outcomes while managing costs.”
Philips‘ leadership in image-guided interventional solutions across X-ray systems, navigation software and Live 3D TEE ultrasound imaging, combined with Philips Volcano’s leadership in intravascular therapy guidance tools – together enable effective diagnosis and treatment.
Philips is expanding and accelerating growth with integrated interventional suites that lead to procedure innovation with technologies being showcased at EuroPCR including:
- AlluraClarity with ClarityIQ technology – provides high quality images at a low X-ray dose for cardiac interventions
- HeartNavigator – provides immersive user experience and automated tasks simplify planning, measurement, device selection, and choice of excellent X-ray viewing angle for TAVI, LAA, Mitral and other SHD procedures
- EchoNavigator – fuses live 3D TEE and X-ray in real time to provide live image guidance in the 3D space, supporting physicians in complex structural heart procedures to decide, guide and confirm the appropriate treatment path, enabling better patient care and more cost effective care
- IntelliSpace Cardiovascular – streamlines patient information management to analyze, access and manage cardiovascular information from a single workspace – anytime.
- CORE FM and iFR Scout – reveals the physiological profile of the entire vessel for better informed treatment decisions when dealing with diffuse disease or serial lesions
- SyncVision Precision Guidance – helps reduce the risk of geographic miss, which study data suggests may occur in 66.5% of PCIs2
During EuroPCR, Philips will also host a number of on-site events, including:
- Case in Point session “Strategies for complex PCI treatment: optimizing your procedural outcomes while managing costs through novel and innovative technologies” (Wednesday, May 18 from 16:30 – 18:00 CET, Room 241). The recording will be made available afterwards after subscribing here
- Symposium co-hosted with Abbott Vascular discussing the controversies in intervention and imaging (Wednesday, May 18 from 16:30 – 18:00 CET, Theatre Havane)
- Training Village with daily opportunities for hands-on experience and live demonstrations of key Philips Volcano technology, including an interactive cath lab, through virtual reality
For more information on Philips’ presence at EuroPCR 2016, visit http://www.philips.co.uk/healthcare/about/events-calendar/europcr
and follow the #EuroPCR conversation @PhilipsLiveFrom.
This material is not meant for distribution in the USA.
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Philips’ wholly owned subsidiary Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2015 sales of EUR 24.2 billion and employs approximately 104,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
- 2015 Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics Update, American Heart Association, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institutes of Health, et al.
- Costa et al. Impact of Stent Deployment Procedural Factors on Long-term Effectiveness and Safety of Sirolimus-Eluting Stents (Final results of the Multicenter Prospective STLLR Trial). Am J Cardiol 2008 Jun 15; 101(12):1704-11.
Philips Image Guided Therapy
Fabienne van der Feer
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +31 6 22698001
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +1 858 720 4086